Pink Fire Pointer Crepe and other delights!


Crepe and other delights!

Hi everyone! While I prepare my last Me Made March post, I have yummy things to show you!

If you have read my last posts, you know that I am in a BlouseQuest! The second blouse that I made is based on a Colette Pattern: the Crepe. A little while ago, I used the whole thing to make a dress, during Gertie's Sew-Along. Little flashback...



Back then, I really enjoyed the pattern. This is why, a few days ago, when I was looking for nice blouses to sew, something clicked in my head... Why not using the Crepe!!!??? I quickly looked in my stash, and I found a cute green fabrics, with white polka dots AND a gorgeous contrasting fabric that has a history! Indeed, My Grand Ma used it to make my christening dress like 28 years ago!

Everything went really fast:

1) Make peplums (pepla...) from the skirt parts.
2) Use lace for the hem
3) Bias bind the edges instead of a facing
4) Deepen the neckline (I used a round one this time)

Tadaaaaaa!

Behind our pretty flowers and herbs!







Now, skip this part if you are hungry!

The day we took these pictures, I also cooked yummy things for guests. It was so sunny (but cold) and the light was so gorgeous that it made the food look even nicer!

Mixed Mushrooms soup

Savory scones (blue cheese, apples and sesame seeds) and cherry clafouti!




Mmmmmm, makes me feel hungry!

Anyway, that's all folks!

Do you like scones?
Do you use polka dots?